Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer Daze

Summer is flying by. We missed Bruce's service because we'd already booked our first vacation in a year out of town, but it sounds like he had a huge turnout, with lots of great stories and a lovely celebration for his life. We're meeting with his friend Kory tomorrow and I'm so looking forward to hearing about it; she read a little something I wrote at their open mike so I hope to hear from some of his friends and family with stories or photos of his life before I knew him. I think that will help me with making sure he is honoured well in our home. I definitely want a great photo of him for the family and friends wall I plan to do.

Paint colours are up now and soon flooring will start going in. We've reduced the price on our current home as the market is seeming quite inactive since we listed a couple of months ago. http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=10736261&PidKey=1512329381 (Pics aren't great but it shows well. It's been a great home for us).

We went up to Lillooet to see my brother in-law and his gal Lisa, and also my father in-law and his lady Phyllis for a week with our boys. They had a blast! Swam in the pool and ran all over the huge yard full of fruit trees and vegetable gardens. My husband and I didn't get much sleep but it was worth it to see the family and watch the kids have such fun. Saw lots of neat things too, from an Osprey nest on the old bridge there to the geo-cache hunt Uncle Kelly took Griffin on. I didn't know about geo-caching until then, it's very cool. Like treasure-hunting for a current version of a time capsule using a GPS. Oh, and it was totally hilarious to open a parcel yesterday and find our toddler toilet seat in it, with a few other things. We always leave something behind, even after a triple sweep of the place...

Griffin also received a late birthday gift from Uncle Kelly: a new bike with training wheels and pedals. He never mastered pedals with the trike because when he was two Kelly gave him this rad balance bike that was all painted up to look like my husbands dirt bike. Noah has now inherited that one and they are LOVING their bikes. I take them to tennis courts nearby, which are great - enclosed and safe for them to ride around in.

Took about two weeks off on the working out and calorie counting, and gained a couple of pounds but stayed where I wanted to, more or less. Today I got back to the Jazzercise as I was starting to feel like a slug, and it was fun and sweaty. I hope to keep the weight dropping consistently. Maybe I can even reach my goal by my birthday in October. I'm going to plan a shopping trip to the states for around then, which I've been putting off since Griff was born, and MAN do I need a wardrobe makeover. Time to start stashing my cash for that one.

Well, the kids didn't nap today and my husband is off riding his dirtbike, so I am going to bathe the boys, put them to bed and hopefully I will get time to watch a chick flick and maybe eat a little supper made of things I have to avoid when Tim is home, like capers and onions. Bwahaha...



2 comments:

Bee said...

Good for you. It is long overdue. <3

Sam said...

Thank you, Bee! Lovety love.